LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW CLI Won't Open LabVIEW 64-bit

Windows 7, LabVIEW 2018 f1 (both 32 and 64 bit installed)

LabVIEW CLI 1.4.0.7, LV-CLI Common Steps 1.0.2.14

Hi All,

I am using the LV CLI to set up a CI server (Jenkins). It works fine with my 32-bit project, but when I want to set up my 64-bit projects, I cannot get 64-bit LV to open.

Using the '--x64' argument, this still opens 32-bit LabVIEW.

In a test Jenkins pipeline I am using this script:

node
{
    bat "labview-cli --x64 --kill \"L:\\echo.vi\" -- \"Hello World!\""
}

This successfully builds in Jenkins. However, still opens in 32-bit LabVIEW and not 64-bit LabVIEW.

I definitely have both versions installedI definitely have both versions installed

If I explicitly try to open 'lv ver 2018' 'x64' then the CLI returns that the available LabVIEW versions are 2018 f1, 32-bit AND 2018 f1, 32-bit.... I think this could be part of the issue...

LV Versions ReplyLV Versions Reply

Note: I need to be using 64-bit LV as I require the extra memory depth for a large image scanning application.

Your help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,293 Views)

Hi Tom,

Can you confirm the version you are using? - doh should have read the post properly. Yep definitely look at v1.5.0 or higher

There was a bug previously where the 64 bit version was identified as 32 bit. As your system is listing 2 32 bit versions it is probably this.

The tools network version is a little out of date so try a more recent version from github (https://github.com/JamesMc86/LabVIEW-CLI/releases) and that will probably fix the issue.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,196 Views)