LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LabVIEW Bug Report] Graph cursor horizontal line is not shown in "copy data"

Take a XY Graph such as this one:

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 18.59.21.png

Using the right-click menu item "Copy Data" only shows the vertical axes of the cursors in the resulting bitmap:

Copy Data.png

Note that the cursor line thickness is larger than the default and definitely larger than the grid lines, which are rendered just fine. It doesn't help to chose MUCH larger cursor line width:

thick.png

It does help a bit to expand the graph A LOT:

Big.png

(the graphical glitch on the top right corner is a bonus bug).

Obviously, expanding the graph is not always possible at run time. And as I said it doesn't even fix the problem.

This bug appears related to a previous one I reported here.

Tested in LV 2016 64 bit on Windows 7.

Message 1 of 3
(2,901 Views)

Submitting this report to NI, I was (rightly) asked for a demo, as they were not able to reproduce the problem. I did try from scratch (creating a graph  and drawing a random plot, plus one plot with one single point in it, created cursors)... and the created image was fine.

I can reproduce the problem on the graph object I used for the snapshot above. I am attaching an example VI.

This VI contains the object in my original VI (much too big and with too many dependencies to share).

I believe what is happening is that the cursor location used for the image created in "Copy Data" is incorrect and this is why one of the axes is not represented in the snapshots above.

Observe indeed how the copied image had cursors located at a different location than in the VI.

Move the cursors around, try again. I get the exact same image, as if the actual cursor positions were ignored.

At least this is what I observe personally.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,831 Views)
CAR 639989 was filed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,801 Views)