From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.1, NI Switch Executive 3.7, and creating an executable.

Issue: I've created a top level .vi which uses a NISE virtual device to control a NI switch matrix. I pass the virtual device name to the openSwitchSession.vi and am able to control the switch matrix by passing routegroup names via connect and disconnect .vi's.

Now, after I make the top level .vi an executable, I am not able to control the switch matrix - no relays switch when the executable is running. The executable and top level .vi are running on the same computer, and I can always control the switch matrix from the .vi.

Question: How can I control the switch matrix through NISE virtual device names and routegroup names in the executable as I do in the .vi? I'm very new to using NISE and packaging .vi's as executables, so I assume I'm doing something wrong when making the executable. 

If more information is needed to help with this problem, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,500 Views)

Hi,

Would you be able to post your LabVIEW project so we could look at your code?

Also, could you try running an example program and building it into an executable? (Help >> Find Examples... >> Toolkits and Modules >> NI Switch Executive)

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,430 Views)