LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.

Hi, muks,

This happened because "...LabVIEW does not compile code on the block diagram that does not execute. For example, LabVIEW does not compile any code that exists within the inactive subdiagrams of the Conditional Disable structure. In addition, LabVIEW does not compile code within a Case structure that has a constant wired to it that would not execute the case with the code..."
In the other words, if you have case structure, which is wired to T/F constant, then prior to version 8.x both cases will be compiled. From version 8.x the only "executed" case will be compiled. So, LabVIEW replaces constant with control for ensure that both cases will be compiled as before.

refer to this document

best regards,
Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,952 Views)

I will often comment out old code that I am modifying to save as a history? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,625 Views)

@TestGuy1234 wrote:

I will often comment out old code that I am modifying to save as a history? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

It would probably help of you could add a few more sentences describing exactly what you mean. What feature do you want to turn off?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,613 Views)