LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 crash after install UI Tools Controls Addon

I tried to install "UI Tools Controls Addon" from VI package manager and the installation failed. The problem now is that I cannot open LabVIEW 2020 any more, it crashes. So I try to uninstall "UI Tools Controls Addon", but to do that, I have to connect to LabVIEW 2020. Since LabVIEW 2020 does not open, the "UI Tools Controls Addon" cannot be removed.

Is there anyway I can get out of this dead loop without having to uninstall and reinstall everything? something like opening LabVIEW in "safe mode" would be nice and handy?

Thanks in advance.

W

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(863 Views)

I uninstalled and then reinstalled LabVIEW 2020. LabVIEW still crashes on launch. Now it becomes more serious as I cannot do my work. Need help/suggestions urgently.

Thanks.

W

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(834 Views)

Try renaming the "LabVIEW Data" folder, as it contains things that are loaded by LabVIEW on startup, and it could be one of those things that causes the error.  LabVIEW will recreate teh "LabVIEW Data" folder with default values.

A link to when I had this problem: https://lavag.org/topic/20291-help-labview-wont-start-even-after-reinstall-or-windows-restore/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(825 Views)

I'm not certain if the LabVIEW.ini is removed with an uninstallation process. Before installation renamed it as well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(822 Views)

I renamed the "LabVIEW Data" folder, but it did not help. I have also copied the "LabVIEW.ini" file from another computer where LabVIEW 2020 works, and it did not help either.

So I uninstalled LabVIEW 2020, then took risk to delete the "LabVIEW 2020" folder under "National Instruments" folder, and also deleted "LabVIEW 2020" folder under 'LabVIEW Data", and then reinstall LabVIEW 2020, it worked 😀.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(806 Views)

@adin1978 wrote:

I renamed the "LabVIEW Data" folder, but it did not help. I have also copied the "LabVIEW.ini" file from another computer where LabVIEW 2020 works, and it did not help either.

So I uninstalled LabVIEW 2020, then took risk to delete the "LabVIEW 2020" folder under "National Instruments" folder, and also deleted "LabVIEW 2020" folder under 'LabVIEW Data", and then reinstall LabVIEW 2020, it worked 😀.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Regards

Don't forget to mark your post as the solution - you worked hard enough for it!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(800 Views)