From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 SubVI Cannot Find same-name loaded SubVIs from another VI

This is frustrating.

So I have this VI that I re-built from LabVIEW 2014 to LabVIEW 2020. And this VI uses SubVIS that are in the original SubVIs.  

1. So I load the original VI first, both now in 2020.

2. Then I load the re-built subVI that borrows subVIs from the the above original one.

3. YET some subVIS come-up as not found, in the rebuilt VI, although those SubVIs are surely in memory from the Original SubVI that I opened first

4. I end-up dragging SubVIS from the Original one to the re-built VI to fill in the strange subVI gaps.

So why is this? Why can't a VI see subVIs of the same name that are in memory and thus use those? How did this VI loose its link to those SubVIS of the exact same name and in the same project.

I have yet to this stuff since programming in LabVIEW as of 1998.

Anthony 

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(864 Views)

Hello Anthony,

I suppose this is an Application Instance conflict. Open the LabVIEW-Help and type "main application instance" to learn more.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(827 Views)

Are you using LabVIEW projects and the LV project explorer for your code? If not, I suggest you do, it will help you. If you do have these kinds of conflicts still within the same application instance (project), then the conflicts (or missing VIs) will be listed in the project and you can resolve them.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(822 Views)