From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 64-bit installation error

I am trying to install LV 2020 64-bit. Everything seems to be going according to plan when I get a message saying an error occured while installing a package ni-pxiplatformservices-runtime (20.0.0.49152-0-f0).

This takes me back to the start of the installation. Since I have not even selected PXI for installation I am puzzled as to why this error is occuring.

I have successfully installed LV 2020 64-bit on another laptop without any problems. Prior to this installation I removed all the old LabView products bar the NI Package Manager. Could anyone shed any light on what could be causing this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,116 Views)

Hi Simon,

My name is Ana and I am a Technical Support Engineer at NI. I will be your point of contact for this case.

Please, let me know if I understood your problem correctly: you are trying to install LabVIEW 2020 (64-bit version) in your computer, after successfully installing it in your laptop. However, you cannot complete the installation because you receive a message about a failure to install the package “ni-pxiplatformservices-runtime (20.0.0.49152-0-f0)” and you did not even tick the driver ‘PXI Platform Services’ when setting up your LabVIEW installation. After that, you are being re-directed to the beginning of the process.

Please, refer to this article on Error Occurred While Installing a Package in NI Package Manager for possible solutions to your issue.

Could you please inform me if you attempted any other troubleshooting steps that I should be aware and if you made any changes on how you installed LabVIEW in your laptop and computer? That will be very helpful for my investigation.

Do let me know if you had the chance to try my recommendations, your result and if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Ana Gomes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,026 Views)

Hi Ana,

I think the problem is related to windows 7 being installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,926 Views)

@SimonAldred wrote:

Hi Ana,

I think the problem is related to windows 7 being installed.

Why would you think that?  LV 2020 is the last version of LV that is compatible with Win7.  Have you seem other topics that imply that Win7 is the issue?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,920 Views)

Simply from experience. I've upgraded LV on several PCs and the only one that gave me any trouble was the one running win 7. I have no idea way and don't claim to have any special insight into what the issue with win7 might be. It could be a complete red herring! Anyway I have upgraded to a new laptop with win10 and the LV2020 installation went smoothly, so I'm a happy bunny again.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,915 Views)

@SimonAldred wrote:

Simply from experience. I've upgraded LV on several PCs and the only one that gave me any trouble was the one running win 7. I have no idea way and don't claim to have any special insight into what the issue with win7 might be. It could be a complete red herring! Anyway I have upgraded to a new laptop with win10 and the LV2020 installation went smoothly, so I'm a happy bunny again.  

Actually, you defended yourself quite well.  You've seen it personally on a couple of PCs.  That sounds like several data points.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,910 Views)