LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 f2 install only?

Hi all,

I'm upgrading to LV2019 using the offline installers.  I only upgrade every 3 or 4 years, so I've kinda lost the bubble on whether I need to install 2019 then 2019 f1 then 2019 f2, or if I just do 2019 f2 and ignore the others.   LV2019 f2 is a larger file than the other two, so it's not obvious, and I'm trying to avoid downloading as much as possible on the glacial speed work network.

Cat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,398 Views)

The offline installer for 2019 f2 is what you want. Note that if you include the bundled drivers, the download becomes enormous (26GB instead of ~2.2GB), and I think is only the original 2019 version (i.e. no patches).

If you're trying to reduce download size, it's probably worth picking drivers separately and downloading them directly.

Just be aware this likely increases the chance of installing them in the wrong order and causing some problems, leading to either repeated reinstallations or many frustrations (I haven't experienced this, but if you look on the forums you'll find some accounts).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,352 Views)

A LabVIEW patch normally includes all the previous patches so f2 includes f1. LabVIEW has to be installed before installing the patch.

If LV2019 f2 is the largest file means it includes LabVIEW 2019 and f2 patch which seems strange. I never had installers which includes patches, I always installed them separately. If file size is between 200 and 400MB, is most likely a patch only.

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,344 Views)

Thanks, I went for the full 2019 f2 download -- but did it from home so that I didn't have to wait all day.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,289 Views)

LabVIEW 2019 SP1 has just been released so maybe you would like to install it instead of f2.

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,280 Views)

@LucianM wrote:

LabVIEW 2019 SP1 has just been released so maybe you would like to install it instead of f2.

Just make sure your license can handle the SP1.  I just updated only to find out that the license server has not been updated.  It might be another month or two before that happens, so I am wasting a day reverting everything back to the 2019 version.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,276 Views)