LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2018 size of the cursor on the front panel and block diagram

I have purchased and installed the LabVIEW 2018 ECM software to my brand new i7 laptop.  To my surprise, the cursor on the front panel and Block diagram is so small  that it is almost invisible (probably just one pixel size).  This problem I have never experienced before. Does any colleague know what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,849 Views)

Do you have a screen with extremely high DPI?

(here is an older discussion)

Message 2 of 6
(2,818 Views)

Thank you for your help.

Yes - 3840x2164

I tried lowering the resolution 1920x1080 (8 steps down from what the laptop offers) and scale & layout to 150%.  It did help significantly.  At least I can see what appears to be a cursor now, but knowing which tool was selected in LabVIEW is still difficult. It is unfortunate to loose so much resolution, just to see the cursor in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,800 Views)

@GPPG wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Yes - 3840x2164

I tried lowering the resolution 1920x1080 (8 steps down from what the laptop offers) and scale & layout to 150%.  It did help significantly.  At least I can see what appears to be a cursor now, but knowing which tool was selected in LabVIEW is still difficult. It is unfortunate to loose so much resolution, just to see the cursor in LabVIEW.

A heads up about another potential problem. Just last week I was looking at code from a colleague.

The fonts for labels on the block diagram were 24 pt and the front panel labels were "off". It "looked" normal on his PC.

We figured out that he had changed his Display scaling. (He has a 2560x1600 monitor - not great for 15 pt fonts.)

Now he knows why a customer was complaining about an application that "didn't look right".

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,792 Views)

Hi GPPG,

According to this Knowledge Base article the cursor size is a known issue.

My personal workaround is that I set my laptop's screen's resolution to something around 50% of it's native resolution. This way it also solves issues with many other non-dpi-aware programs, that need "magnifiation". Using Windows' scaling doesn't work either, it breaks some program's UIs (and looks weird when moving a window from a non-scaled to a scaled screen).

I currently used 1366x768 at 100% instead of 1920x1080.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,768 Views)

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,746 Views)