LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017, Windows 10, LV-Link 3.10.0.0 crash

I recently upgraded to LabVIEW 2017 and a new fault has developed with the LV-Link library provided by Data Translation.

However, the problem is not due to LabVIEW 2017 alone. Everything runs fine on a PC that is still running Windows 7. It's only the combination of Windows 10 and LabVIEW 2017 that is causing a problem.

The LV-Link library is a number of VIs wrapping a DLL for controlling a Data Translation board. In this case, it's a DT9804.

The basic setup function calls work fine. Attempting to read any amount of acquired data from the board crashes. Moreover, it seems to be the end of the function call that is a problem; if I set a long acquisition time, the crash happens near the end of the time. The crash reporter says the exception is an access violation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,424 Views)

Update: This is somehow connected to a timing issue. If timing is set to the internal clock on the board, it crashes. If it is set to "No Timing", it doesn't crash, but it is really slow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,409 Views)

auspex,

Can you attach a screenshot of what you are doing and the crash that you are getting to have a better understanding?

Regards,

Tuco100s

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,353 Views)

This is the code I wrote to find the problem. It works fine on Windows 7. The version for LV 2016 works on both Win 7 and Win 10.

I first thought the problem was just in the read function, as none of them worked. Changing the timing from the board's internal clock to "No Timing" avoids the crash, but it's unpredictably slow.

My temporary workaround is to accept a very low sampling rate (about 300 Hz vs. 10 kHz) and time it in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)

auspex,

My recommendation here would be to contact this third party to verify that this software they develop was tested with LabVIEW 2017 on a Windows 10 computer.

Regards,

tuco100s

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,329 Views)