LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit) Crashing on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS

Hi All,

I installed LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit) on my office laptop configured with Windows 10 Pro, sometime last week. After a week’s usage, it started crashing from yesterday forenoon for no reason. Once the first crash was encountered, it started crashing repeatedly every time I try to (re)launch it. This crash happens immediately after the splash screen is loaded, so that the LabVIEW main window in which a project or a VI can be selected does not even get launched.

Please find below the snapshots of the LabVIEW crash & the System details. Kindly help me out overcome this crash issue.

The closest issue I could see already posted in these forums is, 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/64-bit-LV-crashes-on-opening-Exception-Unknown-0xC06D007E-at-EIP/m-...

LabVIEW Crash Reporter.jpg

Win10 Pro System Details.jpg

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)

Forgot to mention earlier...

• Repair & reinstall did not yield anything positive.
  • The laptop also has LV 2016 (64-bit), but it is working fine until now.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,011 Views)

Did you ever resolve this issue? Reason being, I'm experiencing the same issue running LV 2016 (32-bit) on a Windows 10 platform.

I know it's been 2 years, but if you can remember what you did to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. I've spent the better part of the last few days chasing this particular issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,299 Views)

@TestGuy85 wrote:

Did you ever resolve this issue? 

Yes! Smiley Happy

@TestGuy85 wrote:

if you can remember what you did to fix this problem, 

I renamed the LabVIEW folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016" to "LabVIEW 2016 Crash" (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016 Crash), did a clean install again, and things started working normally!

However, I still don't know the reason behind the crash I encountered earlier. Smiley Frustrated

A comparison of the 2 LabVIEW installed folders using BeyondCompare yielded zero difference then! Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,279 Views)