LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 error fft with manning

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been asked by my work to upgrade the production floor. Currently our production is using labview 2012 with about 20 different testers on this. I have downloaded and installed labview 2015 runtime and installed it on all the computers required to upgrade.

However i have noticed an error which i cant explain. For some reason when im trying to build an executable of certain testers which were done by a third party test company i get a couple of errors flagging up. These errors do not appear on code that we developed in house, its only the third party programs which are flagging these errors. I have attached one of the pictures of the errors. The other error reads

"Labview: Resource not found.

An error occurred loading VI 'NI_MAPro.lvlib:ma_FFT with Hanning.vi'

Labview load error code 3: Could not load front panel."

I've already raised a support request with National Instruments, however it is looking like they aren't too sure either. Would anyone have any ideas on what i could try?

I've re-installed labview, re-installed the runtime engine, tried multiple pc's and it still comes back with this error. I've checked the dependencies between the two and the location for NI_MAPro.lvlib is the exact same, there doesnt seems to be any indifferences so I cant explain as to why I am receiving this error.

Many thanks for any help

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,132 Views)

Well, you don't provide very much information, so it is difficult to say why you are getting this error.  Some things that would help us:

• What Version of LabVIEW 2015?  32-bit?  64-bit?  SP1?
  • Are you loading any Toolkits or Modules?
  • Does the program work when run in Development mode?  Is this "only" a problem of the executable?
  • If we can assume that the problem is "software", can you show us some of the code that invokes this routine?  Please attach actual VIs, not static pictures -- we need to be able to trace wires, run sections, etc.

For what it is worth, I was able to find and open the front panel of ma_FFT with Hanning on my PC with LabVIEW 2015 SP1 (32-bit).  I was also able to open Extract Single Tone Information from Hann Spectrum (which calls ma_FFT with Hanning) without it showing any errors.  I didn't try to execute any of this code since I don't have it "in context" (which, presumably, you can provide, but haven't).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,104 Views)

I'm using labview 2015 32-bit version 15.0f2, 64-bit is also installed however there is a library which we call which is 32-bit so we have to use the 32-bit version.

I believe the full version has been installed (wasn't me that done the installation but it appears that i've got the majority of the functions and toolkits)

Both programs work on development with no issues. The problem only comes to the executable and run time (i can run the executable on my laptop and it works fine, on the computers downstairs i get all these issues and they are the ones which uses runtime.)

I have searched through every vi that the programs call, neither has any instance where it uses ma_FFT with Hanning or extract single tone or anything to do what so ever with the errors that I get.

National instruments application engineer has looked through all the code and couldnt find any differences in dependencies so hence why i've came onto here.

I tried uploading it but the file is too big (its over 100mb for the two programs, 70mb for the one which isnt working) Since i cannot find any instances i cannot upload any vi's for you to look at, lets say there is no instances of these vi's. What could cause the error that i'm receiving?

I was able to open the front panels as well, and didnt receive any error messages. I've located the files in the project explorer and when I do a find caller / sub vi's on them they dont return any vi that is used within the test program.

Thanks for your help Bob

Kind Regards

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cwyper88

When you created the new executable in 2015, did you also create an installer for it?

You say you downloaded and installed the 2015 runtime.  But I'm thinking the executable needs something that is not a part of that run-time.  My first guess is the lvanlys.dll.

Try creating a simple VI that just does some signal simulation and filtering and an FFT.  Create and .exe and try running that on the other machines to see if you still have a problem.  If you do, then try creating an installer for that simple executable and run that.  See if you still have a problem.  Then see if you still have a problem with your actual executable.

Message 4 of 6
(3,084 Views)

By the looks of it you are correct Raven.

When i built the installer there was a number of things which needed updated as well as the run time engine. Without the update it was causing the errors.

I've been successful with one which was causing the issues, i suspect that it will be the same for the others. Thank you for suggesting this, it never even dawned on me that i would need to update certain modules to use with the updated version of labview. Guess thats a lesson for the labview experience book. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,055 Views)

I'm glad I could help and it is working for you now.

Good luck on your project.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,045 Views)