cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 FPGA Compile Worker Cannot Perform the Compilation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Members

Recently I have installed PXIe-7822R FPGA target in my PXI system.

Currently i am having Licensed LabVIEW 2015 (32bit) version and it is installed Windows 7.

i verified Compatibility between Xilinx Compilation Tools and NI FPGA Hardware

I have installed 2015 version FPGA  Module, Vivado 2014.4 and ISE 14.7 inorder to communicate above mentioned FPGA Target.

after creating Simple FPGA VI (Only one DO Control write function), while trying to run FPGA to create bitx file through compilation in the local server, the following error displayed in the compilation window.

NI FPGA error.JPG

Many times i repaired and reinstalled the FA module and compiler tools, the error still persists.

kindly do the needful and helme out to sort out issue 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,223 Views)

If you open the "LabVIEW FPGA Compile Worker" (I searched through the Windows menu for "FPGA" and it came up as "FPGA Compile Worker"), then go to the toolbar icons and choose Open, what do you see?

I get a window like this (I don't have 2014.4 installed, but for my compiler options):

cbutcher_0-1648453939762.png

With LabVIEW 2019 installed and targeting the FPGA on a cRIO-9045, I get the same error you described. Installing Vivado 2017.2 (the specified compiler) my menu changes to the following:

cbutcher_1-1648454069208.png

and then the compilation completes.

So it might be that you

• didn't start the FPGA Compile Worker
  • don't have the configuration set correctly locally
  • or somehow the NI installers messed up (but I'd check the first two first)

GCentral
Message 2 of 9
(1,196 Views)
  • FPGA Compile Worker ran through administrator account and checked
  • Local Complier Server also selected

but still error persisits

I installed Evaluation version of  LV2018+2018 FPGA Module+ Comilation tool ISE 14.7 in same PXI system,

The same kind of error only is displaying 

Note:

PXI System has operating system Windows 7

LabVIEW 2015 is Licensed (32 bit). 

FPGA Module, Compilation Tool is evaluation only.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,180 Views)

You mention ISE 14.7, but does your target require Vivado? It's a different compilation tool used for newer targets not supported by Xilinx's previous compiler ISE. ISE is essentially discontinued.

You may need to install the Vivado compile tools as mentioned earlier in the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,173 Views)

Thanks

If I want to compile FPGA Code in LabVIEW 2015 version (33-bit) in windows 7, kindly list the software and add-on to be installed with version. 

So that I can sort out the issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,166 Views)

Can you run the FPGA Compile Worker and then open the dialog I described, and show what yours includes?

That might make it easier to see what your computer is recognising as available.

The link you gave indicates that you need the "LabVIEW 2015 FPGA Module Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2014.4", which your earlier message seemed to indicate was installed.

As Intaris indicated, the ISE compiler isn't important to you (at least for this target, PXIe-7822R with LabVIEW 2015).

I found installing 'newer' versions (e.g. 2018 that you described later) to be relatively pain-free using the NI Package Manager, but finding the appropriate thing to install can be a bit of a pain, guessing at search terms.

A combination of "FPGA" and "Xilinx" searches got me the things I needed, if I recall correctly.

You might not need to do this, since you have links provided in Intaris' post.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,141 Views)

My System Compiler Worker Status after Installing LV2018 Evaluation Version+LV FPGA Module+Compilation Tools.

This window doesnt have vivado compiler and  its version eventhough i installed.

compiler worker.jpeg

An su

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gowthameie

Installed 2015 FPGA Module + 2014.4 Vivado compiler along with Licensed vwerrsion of LV 2015.

Problem is resolved.

Note: pls do not install ISE 14.7/ISE 10.1 when your target compilation would hapen in Vivado compiler.

verify it is compatible with your LabVIEW version and NI FPGA Hardware

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,088 Views)