From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2014 array constant change

Why did the "graying out" of array constants change between LabVIEW 2014 and LabVIEW 2013? In 2014 the effect is much more subtle and it's far harder to tell the # of elements in an array constant. Please change this back ASAP!

array constants.png

Message 1 of 8
(4,210 Views)

Haven't noticed it... But you are right! The 2013 implementation is much better and I agree that this change should be reverted.

(Maybe the NI developers got facy new monitors which much wider gamut than the rest of us :D)

Message 2 of 8
(4,176 Views)

It's rather subtle but makes you wonder why was the change even necessary.  Did someone request less of a difference?  Of course, some of us appear to be overly "detail oriented" to have even noticed...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,169 Views)

@Inertia wrote:

It's rather subtle but makes you wonder why was the change even necessary.  Did someone request less of a difference?  Of course, some of us appear to be overly "detail oriented" to have even noticed...

They had to justify a new version somehow...

Remember one of the "big five" new changes was the icon...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 8
(4,137 Views)

Same effect at the Diagram & Conditional Disable Structures!!! Agreed, please change back ASAP!

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 8
(4,090 Views)

My only thought was that they tried to make the disabled elements more readable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,066 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

My only thought was that they tried to make the disabled elements more readable.

Then why change the empty element BOARDER?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,997 Views)

This was not an intentional change, CAR 492159 has been filed and is being investigated.

Thanks for reporting this,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 8 of 8
(3,930 Views)