From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 has radio button for default boolean control

Solved!
Go to solution

Using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 at a customer site.  Whenever I create a boolean control or indicator by right-clicking and selecting "create", the annoying radio button appears..  Yeah... the one in the image below.  All I want is one of the LEDs (round or rectangle). 

I know it must be a silly setting somewhere.  In order to save time, but mostly frustration, where the heck do I change that setting?  I already looked at Option settings but did not see anything. 

This is what I get:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray.R

That is the system default boolean for some crazy reason.  I have learned to curse softly under my breath and consider it the price of using system controls.

Edit: change the default style to say, modern or classic and it won't happen.  Unless you use classes then what control you get when you create controls/indicators is an annoying montage.

Message 2 of 4
(2,207 Views)

You get / got this too??  That is bizarre...  I have other LabVIEW 2012 SP1 installations that do not have this cazy boolean as default.  I always set the default style to modern...  I just confirmed that it is set to Modern..  I can try Classic and see if that helped.

If others are getting this default, too, then that is bad... Really bad!  I will report it as a bug because that's a stupid control (or indicator) as a default..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,146 Views)

I was going to show that switching between Modern to Classic to Modern did not fix it...  Decided to set back to Modern, re-started LabVIEW and it solved the issue.

Don't care what happened... just happy that it is now resolved.  Good idea to switch back & forth to Modern.  🙂

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,141 Views)