LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 has radio button for default boolean control

Solved!
Go to solution

Using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 at a customer site.  Whenever I create a boolean control or indicator by right-clicking and selecting "create", the annoying radio button appears..  Yeah... the one in the image below.  All I want is one of the LEDs (round or rectangle). 

I know it must be a silly setting somewhere.  In order to save time, but mostly frustration, where the heck do I change that setting?  I already looked at Option settings but did not see anything. 

This is what I get:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,213 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray.R

That is the system default boolean for some crazy reason.  I have learned to curse softly under my breath and consider it the price of using system controls.

Edit: change the default style to say, modern or classic and it won't happen.  Unless you use classes then what control you get when you create controls/indicators is an annoying montage.

Message 2 of 4
(2,193 Views)

You get / got this too??  That is bizarre...  I have other LabVIEW 2012 SP1 installations that do not have this cazy boolean as default.  I always set the default style to modern...  I just confirmed that it is set to Modern..  I can try Classic and see if that helped.

If others are getting this default, too, then that is bad... Really bad!  I will report it as a bug because that's a stupid control (or indicator) as a default..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,132 Views)

I was going to show that switching between Modern to Classic to Modern did not fix it...  Decided to set back to Modern, re-started LabVIEW and it solved the issue.

Don't care what happened... just happy that it is now resolved.  Good idea to switch back & forth to Modern.  🙂

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,127 Views)