LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 executable takes forever to launch

Once I build an exe and an installer and install my application on a system with all the required drivers and runtime, opening the .exe takes between 30-60 seconds to launch. This never happens on a system where I have the Development Suite and drivers installed. Why is it taking so much time? Sometimes, I kill the task on Taskmgr and launch it again, but the exe still takes time to load. What do I do about this?

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,491 Views)

For large applications (say over 1000 vis) I tend to use a splash screen in a built EXE, that will dynamically load the toplevel VI so the user is at least greeted with an indication that they double clicked the shortcut/exe.  Other wise they double click it and then wait about 5 to 10 seconds in some larger programs before seeing any thing.

30-60 seconds is very long.  If the EXE loads much faster on the development machine I would then ask how are the two machines different?  Is one super powerful with multi-core and tons of RAM with a SSD?  And the other is a pentium 3 bogged down with antivirus programs? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,469 Views)

Do you use any .NET?

I've been bitten by this one before:

.NET Constructors cause slow executable startup

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,459 Views)

Try turning off your firewall or adding exceptions for all NI products and your exe.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,385 Views)