From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 Bug with File Dialog?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, in order to allow the user to select where they want to save a file and what to name it, it would appear that the File Dialog express VI is the way to go.  However, I am having an issue.  The extension of the file is predetermined.  I do want it to be possible for the user to save over previous files.  What I'm running into is that the file extension I'm wanting will not show previous files of that same extension for whatever reason in the file explorer.  I am currently using Windows 10 so I don't know if this is a LabVIEW 2012 bug or a LV2012 + Windows 10 bug.  Either way, the behavior I am getting is not the expected behavior.  Any one know of any work-arounds or have thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?  I've attached a couple of pictures to further explain.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DailyDose

Nvm. I figured it out. Gotta put a * in front of the extension... I knew that... Just forgot. Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,479 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DailyDose

Use "*.xls" instead of only the file extension.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 3
(2,478 Views)