From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2011 Known Issue - Log file growing without bound

I have a PC running LabVIEW 2011 which appears to be throwing internal warnings constantly, which are being logged and causing the log file to use up all of the available disk space (the file has grown to >400GB).  This is a known issue with LabVIEW 2011 (http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/13164/en/#316641_by_Category), but we are stuck using this version on this PC for now.  I beleive I remember reading somewhere that there is a labview.ini setting that will turn off logging of internal warnings, which would be a good workaround for now, but I can't seem to find the ini setting anywhere.  does anyone know how to turn off warning logging?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,516 Views)

According to the Report you cite, the problem was fixed in the Spring SP1 release of LabVIEW 2011.  Can you run LabVIEW Update and let it update you existing 2011 LabVIEW installation?  [I don't know how far back LabVIEW Update will go ...].  Alternatively, can you get NI to send you the SP1 release?  [I'm assuming going to a newer release, e.g. LabVIEW 2012 .. 2016, is not possible].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,468 Views)

Assuming you don't need the log file for anything else, can you just set the read-only flag on it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,457 Views)