LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 Source Control help...

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to set up Tortoise SVN to work with LabVIEW 2010.  I have been able to get lvmerge and lvcompare to work by adding them to the list of programs within Tortoise, but from within LabVIEW there is a section to configure source control that I am having trouble with.  Under 'Configure Source Control' there is a drop down for Source Control Provider Name.  It has only one option: < None >.  I looked into it a bit online, and found that LabVIEW running in Windows searches the registery to get a list of Source Control Names.  I don't know exactly what it is looking for in the registery, but maybe I could make an entry in the registery to get LabVIEW to see Tortoise SVN.  Has anyone had this problem or any experience with this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,165 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cycleguy

To use the SCC options provided by LabVIEW you will need a provider. For subversion this is possible with PushOK SVN SCC plugin.

If you install that you can checkin/checkout directly from the LabVIEW project environment.

If you really like TortoiseSVN check out the Tortoise SVN integration made by JKI-software.

Ton

PS there is nothing special about 2010 in the SCC integration.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 7
(4,159 Views)

Tortoise is not compliant with the Microsoft source code control interface so it will not appear in the list. You would have to use a subversion client such as PushOK or just not worry about the integration into LabVIEW. I don't.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,157 Views)

Like most I use TortoiseSVN directly from Explorer rather than from inside of LabVIEW. As others have noted, PushOK is one option. Another is the TortoiseSVN Tool by JKI Software.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,153 Views)

Wow... Thanks for all the replies so quickly!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,148 Views)

I just installed and used PushOK for the first time for two weeks and I don't like it. Since LV2010 separates the compiled code from the VI code, I want to try using PushOK with SVN.

It appears PushOK is not in sync with SVN on checkout, lock files etc. An example is I use SVN to check out my project, open the LV2010 project, and PushOK still gives "checkout" menu although SVN has already "checked out" the project. In my case I don't need the complications on repository setting of files. Also PushOk nomenclature maybe be different, "check in" is SVN's "commit", and you know, it doesn't do everything that SVN is capable of.

I'm uninstalling PushOK, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,965 Views)

I just downloaded and installed the PushOK SVN SCC. I rebooted the machine, started LabVIEW, and entered the Configure Source Control dialog. Guess what? Nothing had changed. It still just says <None>. So, what else does one need to do to get this thing noticed?

I'm actually using LabVIEW 2009, not 2010. The precise version of the plug-in I downloaded was svnscc64_1662.msi. TortoiseSVN has been working on the machine for over a year, with all the inconveniences already noted.  TortoiseSVN 1.6.10, Subversion 1.6.12.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,498 Views)