LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2010 Application Builder not licensed w/ Professional?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running LabVIEW 2010 x64 with a disconnected "Professional Dev" license file, but my Application Builder is not active and is showing expired trial? 

Anyone else have this problem?  Or suggestions how to fix this? 

I left a voicemail with our NI rep, but I'm waiting to hear back.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,569 Views)

Added screenshot.  For some reason I couldn't edit my orig message...

NILM_NoAppBuilder.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,563 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stranman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,532 Views)

I have installed LabVIEW 2010 and imported my license files into the License Manager which shows the Professional Development System and Application Builder as licensed, but when I run LabVIEW it says that Application Builder is NOT licensed. If I choose to activate it then LabVIEW says the activation was successful, but if I run LabVIEW again it still shows Application Builder as unlicensed.

I have tried rebooting and have re-installed LabVIEW 3 times but still no joy.

Can anyone help, please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,103 Views)

Sounds like you need to delete the default trial PDS LabVIEW license file in the directory given in the Solution above depending on your OS.  I've found that I've had a conflict on LabVIEW 2010 and 2011 Professional after installing my disconnected license files.

I don't remember the specific license file you need to remove, although it should have the form of "LabVIEW_PDS_PKG_10"

so I would suggest you MOVE all of the files in the directory it specifies for your OS into a new folder so that you do not completely delete them.  This will hide them from license manager.

Then you can activate with the disconnected license and it should activate application builder properly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,090 Views)

Thanks, I have moved all the files from the Licenses folder and have re-installed my license files through License Manager. All looks OK like it did before, but I clicked "Do not show again" to hide the License Status when starting LabVIEW. Any idea how I get that status back?

When I run LabVIEW it creates a LabVIEW_PDS_PKG_100000_TmpEthernet.lc file in my Licenses folder that stays there. Is that normal?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,087 Views)

No, but as long as everything in your License Manager shows green, you're good to go.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,085 Views)

I have spent the last 2 weeks playing with this issue. I have re-installed LabVIEW several times, tried cleaning out the registry, loading it on a fresh install of Windows XP and a fresh install of Windows 7. Still no joy!

The Application Builder shows green in License Manager, but still says "unlicensed" in LabVIEW itself, and there is no way to create any stand-alone apps.

Help!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,033 Views)

If you are certain you are supposed to have Application Builder, why haven't you called NI Customer Service yet?

I called with my problem, I received 2 return phone calls, and it was fixed in less than 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,027 Views)