LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 Service Pack 1 Bug Fixes

geirove wrote:

Hello,

We do have a Service agreement: We have paid and receive yearly updates of LV since 2007.

Patel above asked if we have paid for support, which we have not, but again we DO have a SSP (All these US 3 letter abbrevations are somewhat difficult to remember for a non us citizen like me).

So what do I do to receive these update notifications? Is it NI here in Norway that lets us down?

SSP stands for Service Support Program so if you are paying for that, you are paying for support. I have no idea how the notifications are sent out. You might want to check your profile to see what products are registered.
Message 11 of 17
(1,518 Views)

Hello Dennis,

That's a good idea. I have looked at my profile, but cannot find any section pertaining Registered Products.

But I think you re right, our LV may not be registered...

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,510 Views)

You should look at your NI profile (MyNI right under the logo), however I have issues to get my registered products listed OK.

It seems that NI is aware of this issue.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,469 Views)
So, could somebody please answer question posed earlier and that is should we install sp1, followed by f3, or f3 followed by sp1, only one of those?  Which one?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,420 Views)
You can install SP1 and not worry about f2 or f3.  Whether they have already been installed or not does not matter.  Those were Patches to 9.0.  SP1 is a new version number (actually, a sub-minor x.x.1) at 9.0.1 that will completely replace 9.0 with any f#.  I just install 9.0.1 on this machine and I only had 9.0f2 installed prior.  SP1 will include any fixes that were fixed early with the f1, f2, or f3 patches.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,409 Views)

Ok, I'm getting a clearer picture of it all after reading this thread, but still missing some pieces.  My 3rd quarter update DVD set (PDS) included Labview 2009, or 9.0.0, for x32 only.  I had to download x64 separately, with x64 F3 patch.  I believe my 4th quarter update has the 9.0.1 mentioned in this thread, based on earlier posts, though not positive about that yet.  If so, does it have (finally) both x32 and x64 versions in that DVD set?  I only got 2 DVD's this time, compared to the usual 4 or 5.  So I'm a little nervous about what's in there, not in there, any order of installation (and uninstallation) needed.  Maybe this is truly just an update that installs over the exisiting files, replacing/updating only those affect files...?  If I do need to get x64 files elsewhere, what is the easiest way to find those without doing a basic search of the entire NI web site?

Bottom line is I like NI products in general, as well as support, but agree these updates and patches should be handled a bit more clearly.  Maybe a rev history link off the main Labview product description page...?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,316 Views)

If only there was an obvious direct link to the 2009SP1 update. The only link I can find is to use the NI-Downloader.

I'm trying to download it now and the NI-Downloader is RIDICULOUSLY slow.

ALL downloads should include a non-downloader link.

The DAQmx 9.1 update had a direct link and I got the whole 993MB in about 10mins.

LabVIEW 2009SP1 via the downloader (775MB) is taking 2hours! 

I guess I'm spoilt with fast internet and it has made me impatient.

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who know how to use a download accelerator like FDM. It has the ability to pause and resume, and unlike the NI-downloader, it actually DOES speed up the download.

Message Edited by Troy K on 04-28-2010 10:36 AM
Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,149 Views)