LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab View DSC

I have an application with approximately 8000 tags developed using Intouch.  In case, I want to migrate to Labview using DSC module is there any way of directly using the tags dictionary created using Infocus in Labview instead of recreating?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,305 Views)

What are Intouch and Infocus?

It has been awhile since i have done this, but I believe the DSC module has ways of importing lists of variables so that you don't have to set up everything one by one through dialog boxes.  If you can convert your data that the other software puts out into the order that the DSC module wants them (possibly some work in Excel to rearrange), you should be able to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,253 Views)

Geetha

I did this about a year ago and it wasn't to hard. First did a DB dump with Intouch to make a .csv of the tags.   In my case I was using an OPC server that I also had to import the tags into. In my system I created a LVDSC library for each PLC, then right click on the library and export variables. This makes a .csv in the DCS format. I then used a spreadsheet to copy the Intouch tags/OPC tags to the respective places in the DSC. In my case I had to manually set the logging and alarming configurations, but this is easy using the Multivariable Editor. I only had about 1500 tags, I don't remember how long it took, but less than two days.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,228 Views)