From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV7-style icon editor in LV2011

Onece (two minutes ago) I tried to open Icon Editor double clicking icon of a VI. Suddenly "Old" Icon Editor (known from LabVIEW 7 and other old versions) was opened and ready to edit the icon. The computer has only LabVIEW 2011 installed.

1. I admit that the double click could be unprecise.

2. Does it mean that the old Icon Editor is available in parallel with the new one? If so, how can it be accessed?

Thank you

(2,436 Views)

The old editor appears to be built into LabVIEW.exe and it looks like it's called when the new one can't be called. You should be able to force this by renaming the relevant VI (although this may have changed now that the editor is a packed library). Do a search for "old icon editor" to see some of the details.

(2,427 Views)

_Y_ wrote:

2. Does it mean that the old Icon Editor is available in parallel with the new one? If so, how can it be accessed?

Yes.  both icon editor is available.

The attached VI can help you swtich to the other one.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,416 Views)

, thank you. The theory is clear for me. 

zou thank you, but the VI does not change the editor (LV 2011, Windows XP). Actually, even renaming Glyphs.11.0.bin file does not force the "Old" editor to appear. Only glphs-es dissapear. 

(2,382 Views)

The VI is set to run when open.

So if you open it, and run it, it simply set the Glyphs.11.0.bin back to original state.

The new editor always gets launched.  It takes ~5 sec. to automatically switch to old style editor.

You can switch back and forth with the VI, no need to re-start LabVIEW.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,371 Views)

Aha! Indeed, changing the permission from b110100100 to b100100100 does the work. But the delay in my computer is long and random: between 15 and 60 sec. This could hardly be much of advantage because "slug-bahaviour" is the main problem of the new editor:(

But I shall check the solution with Linux where problems of the new editor are most irritating.

Thank you,

(2,351 Views)