LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2017 Application builder issue

Hello

I have updated a test application for a device we are producing from LV2013  to LV2017. Now I have trouble, to generate the EXE-file.

The test application contains a packed library, that does the communication over Ethernet with our device with help of a UDP connection.  All is working fine in the LV2017 development environment, I could operate all functions of our device with the help of the test VI. Then I generated an exe-file with help of the application builder, and the application does not work. It shows the corrupted arrow, like a VI that does not work. I got also the notice, that a VI is not working, and I need the LV  development system to eliminate the error.

Inside the development environment all VI's show no errors,  I tried to play with the settings inside the application builder - always the same result, a non operating exe-file.

I also tried it out with LV2018 - same result. The exe-file does not work. I did also a mass compile of all the VI's before the build with no errors.

Does somebody have any idea, where I can start to look what is faulty here? Curently I can operate the

Operating system is Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,278 Views)

Hi,

maybe a vi is pointing or call an object outside your project directory.

to eliminate this make a save project as and rename it to be sure

https://images.youracclaim.com/size/110x110/images/7c5d31f5-2069-4618-ba59-b710c2b6bbe4/CLD.png
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,261 Views)

Hi Simo22,

I tried this out, by putting a copy of the project folder on my laptop, that has no access to the original folder ant there the same problem. Thanks for your hint.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,251 Views)

Typically, when an program works in the DEV environment but doesn't work as an EXE, it's often a missing dependency.  Did you try to Always Include the library file?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,236 Views)

Hallo,

if you mean the settings for the source files, then: yes, I always included packed library in the build.

I have tried to build it local on my PC as well, as build it on a network place, always the same result exe-file does not work.

Today I tried to exclude parts of the structure, to see if it could be related to the code, and I set up a new build for the exe file - no result, all not working exe-files.

has anybody an Idea, where to search also for possible reasons that the program does not run after the build? I'm a bit helpless now, tried so many thinks ...

Kind regards

Guido

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,199 Views)

My thoughts are going to the PPL.  If things are not exactly where it expects, bad things can happen.  Does the PPL depend on any other PPL?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,191 Views)

Post a picture of the error.  Does it popup with a dialog where it's looking for a certain file?  Or does it simply startup with a broken arrow?  Does your application use a .dll file and if so, is the application able to find it?  

I've seen suggestions of:

• clearing the object cache
  • disabling parts of your code and rebuilding
  • cleaning your build before rebuilding
  • disable the 8.x file structure in the build settings
  • look for diagram disable structures.  Delete the code instead.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,188 Views)

Hello thanks for the reply,

• At first, I made a screenshot of the broken app, see screen shots. The German text means "This VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors",
  • I also included a screen shot that the packed lib should be included, but it makes no difference, if I build it with this option or not.  The packed lib will be always in the "Support Directory" specified for the build
  • .8.x file structure is disabled
  • Build was cleaned before the rebuild
  • object cache was also cleared before rebuild
  • I did also check the library with n new very small application, that has included the packed library, and I checked the main functionality of the packed lib. I could build an exe-file and start  this exe-file from the new application without any problems, so the library itself seems to work fine.

Guido

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,173 Views)