LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV crashes when I try to save a VI - "fpsane.cpp line 269 error"

Dear LV users:

“Fpsane.cpp, line 269 error”

I have this error when I modify the VI and try to save it. Often I run it once and save it without problem. When I modify it again and try to save it, the error appears and LV crashes.

First I made a 6.0.2 upgrade and later I followed the “solving troubles” procedure at NI home page, like empty the TEMP directory and so on.
Later I sent my VI to NI support and I received the confirmation that they were able to reproduce the error, but not able to isolate it. Also they wrote that “Maybe can be a problem with the charts” and “it could be a bug in LV 6.0.2 which is fixed in LV 6.1”.
They saved my VI as a 6
.1 version and there were no problems (any error).

The problem is:
“ LV 6.1 is the next release (newest version) of LV and it will be released this year (the date is not fixed). That's not an update like LV 6.0.2 but a new version of LV. It must be purchased”

So I have a trouble here. I have some VIs that contains some parts in common. Now they are crashing too. I’m not confident anymore to make tests and modifications, since LV will crash again. What I’m doing after run my VI is exiting LV and open the VI again. Only after I can realize (and save) the modifications. This way is really a pain in a neck....

Please, can someone tell me a good way to isolate this problem or to solve it? I really don’t want to wait LV 6.1 nether to buy it to solve this “bug”....

Thank you in advance

Rodolfo

LV 6.0.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Rodolfo,

I am sorry NI was unable to resolve your issue. This does happen on occasion, and I am surprised they didn't give you a newer release of LabVIEW with this issue specifically resolved.

In order to solve this problem, you are going to have to avoid whatever caused the problem, and use a work around.

If you know what modifications you made, you can isolate the problem. Then you must use an alternative method to accomplish what you are trying to do.

If you cannot isolate the problem, please either indicate EXACTLY what the nature of the change was that caused the crash, or post your code so others can try to duplicate it and offer a solution.

If you don't want to post your code, then I would suggest writing NI back and firmly asking them
to help you come up with an alternative. It also helps to contact your sales rep or area manager. They can pull some strings to make sure you get the answer you need.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens with this issue. I have had similar things happen before, but through a bit of tenacity, was able to see them through to resolution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Labviewguru wrote:
>
> Rodolfo,
>
> I am sorry NI was unable to resolve your issue. This does happen on
> occasion, and I am surprised they didn't give you a newer release of
> LabVIEW with this issue specifically resolved.

Rodolfo saw the error in LV 6.0.2.
NI noted that it was fixed in 6.1.
However:

1: 6.1 is not yet released so the NI person was using a beta product.
NI is unlikely to give him 6.1 beta!
(And I wouldn't risk a beta release just for a bug fix.)

2: If 6.1 is released then it's not a free upgrade, it costs money!
NI won't give him a new upgrade, he'd have to buy it.

To be fair to NI, if a problem is fixed in a free upgrade (like 6.0i to
6.0.2), they will quickly tell you that & point you to the place to
download it.

If R
odolfo's VI is not too complicated, he's probably better advised to
rebuild it from scratch.

Best, Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Hi, I have had similar problems, and it is actually solved in Labview 6.1. No files that are crashing anymore, I can do what ever I want. Sure, this is a rather expensive solution, the upgrade costs $395/EUR550. But I'm not going to shout too loud, this is only the second day working with the upgrade.

regards,
aspoo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Like the others have said,
you may need to work around this problem.

If you have some code, and don't mind posting it, it might help us try and recreate this problem on a variety of operating systems and hardware configurations. I haven't used LV 6 for much yet (in my experience a new version of LV isn't worth buying until it is at least on the X.1 release), but in LV 5 NI was fond of blaming everything from the graphics drivers to the printer port for causing errors.

You mentioned that you have some charts in the code. Are these native LV charts?

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Dear LV users

Sorry for not have included the VI.

"test time save format.vi" is a learning program that contains some ideas to be used in another one. The error (fpsane.cpp) that appears here also was detected in LV 6. On the first time after grouping/edit some controls.
This error occurs when you modify the VI and try to save it. Often you run it once and save it without problem. When you modify it again and try to save it, the error appears. This is the same problem that happened with 2 other VI, even with one LV original example (after grouping).
The same error happened in another computer (also running NT4). All libraries were rebuilt during the installation of LV 6.02 and the TEMP directory is empty.

I hope that this vi will help us.

Thanks ag
ain

Rodolfo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Dear Rodolfo!

It is seems to be much waiting to this bug been fixed
in LV6.1.
But, just today, I hade same problem to save vi,
LV crashes with message "fpsane.cpp line 283"...

Good luck with Your problem!

PS. LV6.1 is BETTER version, than 6.02, thats true.
Alexei Bluvshtein a.k.a. ProximaBleu
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,830 Views)
Dear Rodolfo!

It is seems to be much waiting to this bug been fixed
in LV6.1.
But, just today, I hade same problem to save vi,
LV crashes with message "fpsane.cpp line 283"...

Good luck with Your problem!

PS. LV6.1 is BETTER version, than 6.02, thats true.
Alexei Bluvshtein a.k.a. ProximaBleu
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,830 Views)