LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LU-5 relay

hey,

can someone explain how to connect this relay in this circuit.

im a little confused, and my circuit isnt working properly.

so might as well ask another opinion. its probably pretty easy,

thanks

circ1.jpg

if the relay diagram is this, howwould i connect it.\

1   2                     3

capture21.png

4    5                    6

thanls

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,886 Views)

This looks like you are using an inverting amplifier to measure a thermistor connected to a power resistor, which makes this look like a homework or lab assignment.

All I will say is that the collector current of the transistor is used to switch the relay which narrows down your choices.  Don't be afraid of a little smoke, it is a good learning experience...

I can only assume that LV will be used to control the analog and digital signals and that is why you are here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,871 Views)

I agree with Darin, this is supposed to be a learning experience.  As an electrical engineer, I frequently model my circuits using a SPICE simulator tool, such as Multisim.

Regards,

Alexander M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,850 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

This looks like you are using an inverting amplifier to measure a thermistor connected to a power resistor, which makes this look like a homework or lab assignment.

All I will say is that the collector current of the transistor is used to switch the relay which narrows down your choices.  Don't be afraid of a little smoke, it is a good learning experience...

I can only assume that LV will be used to control the analog and digital signals and that is why you are here.

You mean the magic white smoke, that makes all this electronic parts work?  (And we all know if the white magic smoke leaves the part, it will no longer work)

Is MULTISIM able to emulate that??

They should hand out real parts  and a solder iron. But wait, the security person claims for fire hasards .....  OK  no iron, just a bread board.

Just had this story in my former university... electrical engineering master students wanted to setup a workbench (on their own for hobby) in a corner of the campus and made the 'mistake' to ask the security responsible person....

Maybe in about half a year it will make sense to send them equipment for 'playing' ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,829 Views)