LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED help

NEED HELP....

The attached .vi has one problem that I need taken care of.

The attached .vi has some LED lights that are being controlled by push buttons.  Everything is working fine except for one thing that shouldn't be that hard to figure out, especially for an experienced programmer.

Basically, what I have, is that when I click off the "MEASURE" button and on to the "SET" button the "MEASURE" button LED's turn off.  That works right now.  However, the problem is, that when I click back on the "MEASURE" button, instead of turning on the LED that was turned on before clicking off the button, it actually increments to the next LED instead. 

I have a shift register controlling the LED's.  I think I need someway to decrement the shift register for a specific case or something. 

PLEASE HELP ME.  Someone please open the attached .vi and make these changes.  This is like my 3rd message regarding this problem and no one yet has been able to help me.  I don't think it should be that hard of a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,092 Views)
Let me make sure I understand. If the Measure LEDs are all off and the Measure button is pressed, then the last Measure LED that was on should turn on again. If one of the LEDs is already on, then increment to the next one. When switching between Measure and Set, turn off the other LED. Is this correct? What is the default setting the first time the program runs?

Defining the problem precisely is a big part of the solution.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,065 Views)

Hi leroy!

I see now that someone got there before me, but I'll post my answer anyway. I think this will work. I saved it in LV7.1 version, hope you can open it.

Regards, Einar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,059 Views)
Thank you,

Finally someone helped me out....I appreciate it man.....Thank you so much
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,047 Views)
Hey there is still one small bug that i see after testing it.  If I click off the "SET" button and on to the "MEASURE" button and then click either the "WHEEL, SYNC, or MODE button, and then come back to the "SET" button, it actually increments the LED instead of turning on the LED that was turned off before clicking off the "SET" button. 

The "MEASURE" button works fine.  I can click off the MEASURE button and it will always display the correct LED when coming back to it. 

I once again have attached the .vi in order to see if you could fix this bug.  Once again, I appreciate all your help.

Andy
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,034 Views)
Hi, Leroy!

You're right, I didn't think about the other buttons. The problem was easily corrected (I hope!) and the new program is attached below. Let me know if there is any further trouble.

Regards,
Einar
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,026 Views)
Einer,

Thanks.  From the preliminary tests, It looks as if everything is working.  I will know tomorrow when I go test the driver on the instrument.  Ther is one more thing that needs to be done w/ this driver and this is regarding the LED display.  Maybe you can help me out with that too.  I want to test the LED lights though before I ask you about that though.  I appreciate all your help and hopfully your continued help.  I'll let you know tomorrow how everything works.

Andy
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,022 Views)
Einer,

Everything works fine with the LED lights.....The last thing is with the LED display.....If you look at the "MEASURE" button's block diagram, the code on the bottom (the code attached to the display) needs to be expanded.  Basically, I need this code to be constantly updating.  Where as if the command "FR1" is given when LED 1 is lit up, this code should be constantly updating till the incrementation of the next measure "LED" or if you click off it, if that makes any sense.  Right now, I have it where when you click on the measure button it simply sends back the data at that certain time and that is it.  The instrument itself though is always updating and changes values frequently. 

Lastly, the "SET" button needs to be able to work with the "ARROW" buttons.  As in, if the "FREQUENCY" led button is displayed and you press up, it will change the frequency and update it in real time.  Right now, if I change the frequency by pressing the "UP" arrow, the LED display simply goes black. 

I'm not sure you'll be able to help me with this problem with out actually having the equipment in front of you, but if this does make any sense and you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for all your help thus far.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,997 Views)

I don't have time to look at this right now. Perhaps someone else can help you?

Einar

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,967 Views)