From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAbVIEW VI failed to compile

Hi, I am facing the same issue. But little bit differently. When I open my main project, the VI which faces this issue changes everytime. For ex, if its VI 1 is failing to compile in day 1, its VI 2 in day 2. The code is source controlled using Tortoise SVN. Using Ctrl + Run works sometimes and sometimes with other methods. What could be the issue here? Do I need to reinstall labVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(886 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Time to bring in a Heap Peek

1) Close LabVIEW
2) Put the key "LVdebugkeys=True"in the LabVIEW.ini file
3) Open your VI
4) Press CTRL+SHFT+d, then press CTRL+SHFT+h This will turn on an object browser.
5) In the top left list box, select the element that contains the name of your VI and the letters FPHP or BDHP (Front Panel and Block Diagram heaps)
6) In the top right listbox, find the line that is red
7) Click on the F button
😎 Delete this object and recreate it. It will ususally be a wire. (Although in your case it seems likely to be a control or indicator)

Nothing happens when I click on the F button.  Is there an alternate way to locate the object?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(748 Views)

Hi,
this thread is already quite old, but I encountered the same problem today. 
I managed to solve the issue by clearing the cache of compiled objects.

--> Tools --> Advanced --> Clear Compiled Object Cache

In case this doesn't make it work yet, click on Mass Compile and choose the whole directory to compile again.

I'm using LabVIEW 2020. 

Best luck with that

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(582 Views)

Old Thread but appreciate previous contributions on several things including Heap Peek!

Here’s a new spin on ‘VI failed to compile’ that happened to me today:

I received this error and had inadvertent left unwired message channel writers in a diagram disable structure.  Apparently since these particular channel writers are excluded from compiling, it causes problems for all the rest.  Removed these channel writer instances along with the diagram disable structures and have a solid run arrow.

Message 24 of 25
(332 Views)

Does anyone know if it is still possible to access the Object Browser in the latest versions of LabVIEW?

I'm using LabVIEW 2023 Q3 64-bit on Windows 11. I applied the "LVdebugkeys=True" key in the ini file, restarted LabVIEW, then pressed CTRL+SHFT+D then CTRL+SHFT+H multiple times, sometimes releasing CTRL+SHIFT in between, sometimes not. Also tried CTRL+SHIFT+D+H all at once. None of this popped up the Object Browser window.

Even though it doesn't bring up the window, LabVIEW seems to be doing something, as it becomes busy for a few seconds. When it stops being busy a "dirty dot" appears in the VI title bar, indicating that a change was detected.

The same question was posted in this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(300 Views)