LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAbVIEW VI failed to compile

Hi Jeff,

I encounter the same issue as described by david on this thread.

My VI was previously working still a made some modifications. then the run wire turn broken and I recieve thenceforth the error "fails to complie VI". In the details it says :"Error occurs when compiling the VI".

However, I've tried the step you described above but it seems not to work for me. Where my question: do those steps apply to LabVIEW 2013  as well? If not, how should I proceed?

king regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(2,786 Views)

I had this problem yesterday.  I manifested itself after I made a certain sub-VI inlined and then the parent VI wouldn't compile any more.  I could open the file no problem outside the target it was designed for but within the context of the target it would fail all the time.

I was able to pinpoint the problem, remove the inline option and then things worked.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(2,781 Views)

Hi Shane,

what do you mea by removing the inline option?

How can I perform that change? Or are you speaking about rewriting my code for parallel computing (pipeline)?

Bolivar

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(2,766 Views)

Go to the execution properties of the sub-VI and on the bottom-left there's an option to inline a VI.  This removes all sub-vi Overhead but has limits on which functions are supported within the VI.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(2,763 Views)

I ran into this issue for the first time today. Used Jeff's approach and found a hint that a "selector list" was causing trouble. Pressing F did nothing for me, but I quickly found the culprit in block diagram. I deleted and re-created it without issue. For me the problem seems to have risen from a VI modified on disk being reloaded into memory and causing some corruption. Can't replicate it though. LabVIEW 2013 64.

Message 15 of 25
(2,556 Views)

Do you know if the key you mentioned works in LabVIEW 2016?  I entered the key as

LVdebugkeys=True

but the Ctrl+Shift+D and Ctrl + Shift +N do not do anything.  Do I need to include quotes or a semicolon somewhere?

Jacob K
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(2,305 Views)

OK I figured out that I needed to Hit Ctrl + Shift + D and then H (without letting go of Ctrl + Shift).

Jacob K
Message 17 of 25
(2,302 Views)

Hello,

I also encountered same issue. I found the solution (i'll call it solution because my code stopped giving me this error..) that may work irrespective of LabVIEW version.

Go to Block- diagram -->> Select all (CTRL+A) -->> Delete entire code in BD -->> Now RUN arrow should not be broken -->> run the VI -->> Save code, do not close VI -->> UNDO code deletion (CTRL+Z) -->> RUN arrow is not broken now anymore -->> SAVE the VI...

Regards

Best Regards,
DCKAN

"We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give."
Message 18 of 25
(2,128 Views)

Just tried DCKAN's solution. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work for me.

After I deleted all code on the diagram and saved, the arrow was indeed no longer broken. Unfortunately, as soon as I undid the delete operation, the arrow was broken again. I assume that there is an error on my diagram that the compiler is unable to account for.

Using Labview 2022, Windows 10
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(2,076 Views)

@AllisonSCJ wrote:

Just tried DCKAN's solution. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work for me.

After I deleted all code on the diagram and saved, the arrow was indeed no longer broken. Unfortunately, as soon as I undid the delete operation, the arrow was broken again. I assume that there is an error on my diagram that the compiler is unable to account for.

I've had it happen to me that the compiler gives me the wrong error message. My memory could be off, but i had some property node or invoke node with a missed wire, but the VI error pointed me to some completely different and random Place. Since i was working on the VI when this happened it was fairly easy to find and fix, but if i'd opened some other developers old code with this error it'd be hell to find and fix.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(2,062 Views)