From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW

Heloo

Any one who can guide me how to perform integration using labview  integral is  (0-T integral of x(t) dt). where 0- T are the limits of integral.
how to set this dt.i want to take sampels in 0.5 seconds. I have used VI integrals but they are no giving one value for (0-T) time interval.i want my integral to give one value for this interval then set the dt so that next integral is from (T-T+x) for same signal

TNX

madd
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,767 Views)

Hello. Perhaps you'd like to consider de Mathcad library which enables you to make the operations you require in Mathcad and control them via Labview. Here's the link:

http://www.ni.com/analysis/mathcad.htm

Another option would be to use MatLab. Labview already has a specific structure for this purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,739 Views)
You can use the "numeric integration vi", just split up the array (sub array would work) your passing to integrate different sections.

Matt W

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,719 Views)
Heloo

TNX every one to help me.My problem is no yet solved. let me be very precise i want to impliment  the block diagram Figure 4.12 of Digital communication (2nd Ed) By Saklar . In this Block i am at corelator. i want to make a corelator . i have got the r(t)muliplied wi(t) i.e
r(t)w1(t) and r(t)w2(t) but i dont  Know how to integrate it over a period (0-T). how to applay upper or lower limit. since i want lamits to be changed from(T-T+x) for next corelation.how could i impliment it using virtual instruments. NOTE  i am only working with labview software
with no tool Kit  except that are in labview evaluation version 8.5.

Regards

Madd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,678 Views)

Hi Madd,

I think I understand what you mean.  The numeric integration.vi is not included in the base package of LabView, but unfortunately to do this without that package would be very, very complex.  As you know, integration and differentiation have numerous rules.  You would either have to have a case structure to handle every single integration rule or you would have to go back to beginning calculus fundamentals to actually create VIs to first multiply your functions, then to actually use segmentation to divide up the graph smaller and smaller until you can find the area under the graph.

Unfortunately thats where we stand, and especially with the base package of LabView, this task can be quite daunting.

This was my idea on integrating without the advanced differentiation and integration subVIs.  Perhaps other users may have other ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,632 Views)
If all you have is the base package, then perhaps the software listed on Wikipedia may be of some help.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,617 Views)
But isn't the evaluation version of LabVIEW a complete version? When I downloaded the evaluation version before getting my license, it had everything, including the advanced analysis, app builder. etc.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,603 Views)
I think Dennis is right, because I too downloaded & installed LV 8.5 & I was able to build EXE also...
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,588 Views)
Dennis, Parthabe, and Madd,

I apologize, I misspoke.  For one reason or another, I led myself to think that the evaluation version would be the base version.  It seemed to me like Madd could not find the numeric integration.vi in his pallette.  The evaluation version of LabView 8.5 includes the Professional Development Version which does include all of the math pallette.  Using the numeric integration VI, I think Madd should be able to perform the integration as Matt W indicated.

Madd, you do not need any toolkits etc. to run this VI.  You would just have to split your data array that is created with your function into segments based on your integration range. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,569 Views)
Hi Everyone

i am greatful for ur response.I have found that numeric integration but  now the problem is how to set the dt i have a waveform which is 1200HZ with  8K sampling frequecncy  and 16 samples per symbol .How to set dt for 100 symbols Also i have seen quadrature integral where we have upper limits and lower limits of integral but what is the diffrence between Data and Integrands.

Regards
Madd
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,524 Views)