LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Will Labview come with any datalogger from NI Instruments?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,279 Views)

Hi Cesar,

two questions:

- Which "datalogger from NI" are you talking about?

- Why don't you call your local NI sales rep to ask that question?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,255 Views)

Cesar, LabVIEW is a programming language. If you want to create a datalogger you will need to write your own. There are some templates and examples that will get you close, but nothing "off the shelf".

I think you may have misunderstood what LabVIEW is- your question is somewhat like asking if Microsoft Word comes with Documents.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,246 Views)

Ni 6001. I was asking here, because i havent  found before. Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,236 Views)

No, there is no standard datalogger for the 6001 DAQ card. You'd need to write your own or find a company that makes one.

Note that this is a very simple program to write, and can basically just be a copy of one of the example programs in the NI Example Finder- the Measurement and Logging example should be 99.5% of what you need, with some user interface tweaks on top to match your specific application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,231 Views)

Well, this is the LabVIEW forum, so a post titled "LABVIEW" seems a bit redundant, right? Next time try something that is related to the question. 😄

LabVIEW is a programming environment. As has been said, it does come with examples and others might have written LabVIEW programs that do what you want. Just search around.

If you want just standalone software for simple logging, there is also the free Signalexpress LE. Not sure if it is compatible with your hardware.

Message 6 of 13
(3,207 Views)

LabVIEW NXG has a built in DAQ configuration editor.  I think it also will allow logging.  Even with LabVIEW 20XX, you can just open up a simple example (Help->Find Examples) and find a DAQmx analog input example that will allow logging.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,178 Views)

Don't devices like the 6001 come with DAQmx software that is a basic data logging suite I believe.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,156 Views)

DAQmx itself isn't a logging suite, that's just the driver set to talk to the card, but it does include SignalExpress, which can be used to log data. Altenbach was right, I didn't know about SignalExpress. See this link for what he's talking about:

http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/

Message 9 of 13
(3,152 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

DAQmx itself isn't a logging suite, that's just the driver set to talk to the card, but it does include SignalExpress, which can be used to log data. Altenbach was right, I didn't know about SignalExpress. See this link for what he's talking about:

http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/

That's it, Signal Express, I knew they came with something we never use.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,139 Views)