From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW FOR LINUX

Hello,
Presently i am a user of labVIEW 7.1 and 8.2.1 windows version.
and also working on following hardware.
SCXI-1001 12 chassis, SCXI-1125,SCXI-1124,SCXI-1160,SCXI-1162,PXI-1001,PXI-6251,PXI-6602,USB 1600,USB 6602,PXI-1044,PXI-6133,PXI-8187,PXI-9257.
since i am facing the problem of virus and sudden restarting of system,I am planning to switch over to linux version of linux.
what is ur comment on my deceision?
which version of linux OS will support all above mentioned products.
what are the other advantages i can get from LINUX version?.
Wil i get full programming help as available in windows?
Can we easily learn the programming by reding the help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)

Hello chandhuu,

Most of your hardware will be supported except for the USB devices.  The readme file for DAQmx 8.0 for Linux lists which devices are supported and by which Linux OS.

The LabVIEW 8.5 readme file for Linux would also be helpful, along with this KnowledgeBase article, which lists which Linux OS versions support National Instruments software and drivers.  You will find that programming in LabVIEW for Linux is basically the same as in Windows, so you shouldn't have any trouble switching over if you are familiar with Linux and with LabVIEW.  Personally, I am not too familiar with Linux so I feel much more comfortable with LabVIEW for Windows.  What about just having a dedicated Windows PC that you can take off the network and use with LabVIEW so that you don't have to worry about viruses?

Regards,

Clint M
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,284 Views)