LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW Case Problems by using Mathscript? and Array output

Hi Everyone! First of all, I want to thank everyone who'll be willing to help me out in the forums. Also, I do apologise in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section as I'm quite a newbie.

I basically have a few problems that I need to work out but I'm to be running out on time so I thought I'll ask the NI forum''s great minds for some aid.

Here's the first problem.

- Write a brief script to evaluate the following function. You should start the script with a request for input and test to see if the code produces correct results. Depending on the condition, display in each case the result with a statement indicating the output. Use Multiple values from the user as an input and display multiple results as an Array output.

y = (200,  when y is below 10000)

y = (200 + 0.1 (y - 10000), when y is between 10k and 20k)

y = (1200 + 0.15(y-20000), when y is between 20k and 50k)

y = (5700 + 0.25 (y- 50,000), when y is >50000)

The second one is for the Tax calculator with certain bands. and the the 3rd one is a scientific calculator. I've done the scripts in matlab before but I'm really confused with Labview. I thought I can use mathscript for most of it and add array outputs but I'm really confused :S I'll really appreciate any help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,048 Views)

@Mythril wrote:

Hi Everyone! First of all, I want to thank everyone who'll be willing to help me out in the forums. Also, I do apologise in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section as I'm quite a newbie.

I basically have a few problems that I need to work out but I'm to be running out on time so I thought I'll ask the NI forum''s great minds for some aid.

Here's the first problem.

- Write a brief script to evaluate the following function. You should start the script with a request for input and test to see if the code produces correct results. Depending on the condition, display in each case the result with a statement indicating the output. Use Multiple values from the user as an input and display multiple results as an Array output.

y = (200,  when y is below 10000)

y = (200 + 0.1 (y - 10000), when y is between 10k and 20k)

y = (1200 + 0.15(y-20000), when y is between 20k and 50k)

y = (5700 + 0.25 (y- 50,000), when y is >50000)

The second one is for the Tax calculator with certain bands. and the the 3rd one is a scientific calculator. I've done the scripts in matlab before but I'm really confused with Labview. I thought I can use mathscript for most of it and add array outputs but I'm really confused :S I'll really appreciate any help. Thanks!

These sound like homework problems. The forums are not here to do your work for you. Post what you have done and what specific issues you are having. We are more than willing to answer questions but stop at doing your homework for you.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,027 Views)