From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAB VIEW community version download question

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem to download LABVIEW community version and every time i download from the official website and download all the things in the file and the version still is NI LabView 2020 (32-bit). How should i download the community version? No tutorial or what how should i know how am I going to download it??

Download from this website:

https://www.ni.com/en-my/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-community.html#343639

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,047 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trancez15

As I understand it, LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition is basically identical to LabVIEW 2020 Professional, with the following restrictions:

• There is a different, time-limited (one year) license for this software (which is expected to be renewable).
  • There is a restriction on what you can do with this licensed version of LabVIEW, including not using it for Academic purposes, R&D, etc. -- it is designed for "home and hobby" uses (my terminology, not necessarily NI's).
  • Not all of the Drivers, Modules, and Toolkits are necessarily available with this license.

I have successfully downloaded and installed LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition on a VM (it's the only version of LabVIEW on this system).  However, I've been too busy with a LabVIEW Project at work (where my colleagues and I are using LabVIEW 2019) to "play" with the Community Edition, so I don't remember (other than the difference in activating the Software) how to "recognize" this Edition from the "normal" LabVIEW release.  Given the need to keep "work" and "play" separated, I'll probably stick with using Community Edition on its own "PC".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,044 Views)