cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight N9020A (MXA) LabVIEW programming

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I was starting to automate the Keysight N9020A (MXA), and just looked at the Examples. 

Can anyone tell me what is the type of commands used to control the Spectrum Analyzer? Is it SCPI command? Thanks very much.

Captsure.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,012 Views)

Hi Samuel,

Is it SCPI command?

Yes.

Can anyone tell me what is the type of commands used to control the Spectrum Analyzer?

Why don't you read the manual? It should contain all the information you need…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,992 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks for your answer, it helped a lot. 

I asked the question when I looked at the manuals. I was confused about why the commands used in the example cannot be found in the manuals. However, you did be able to find commands that are similar to those used in the example vi, like:

Captuddddre.PNG

That is why I asked the question. "Is it SCPI command?"

I tried the command listed in the manual and found it functioned well as the command used in the example vi. Are two types of SCPI commands......?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SamuelLIN

Hi Samuel,

with SCPI you can abbreviate commands. This should be explained in your manual, somewhere in the first chapter regarding SCPI commands…

In your image there is a list of several commands, using capitalized letters at the start of each command and  non-capitalized letters at the end. Only the capitalized letters are needed, the others can be omitted.

So instead of writing "FETCH:CHPOWER" you can also write "FETC:CHP" to yield the same effect…

You also don't need to use the same capitalization, SCPI doesn't care about that.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 8
(3,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SamuelLIN

Yes, SCPI.

":CONF:<blah>;" is short for ":INSTrument:CONFigure:<blah>;".  There's a whole section in the manual on that command, which essential tells the instrument what type of measurement you are going to setup. See p42 - https://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/N9062-90002.pdf?id=2915724

As GERDW said SCPI can be shortened and you must understand the context the commands are referring to.  As long as the command string is unique you can drop leading identifier so ":INST:CONF" can be just ":CONF".

Message 5 of 8
(3,916 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks for your detailed explanation. It cleared my puzzle .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,900 Views)

Hi Cstorey

Thanks for your further explanation and the link you prodvided. It is very good inforamtion for helping study. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,897 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks very much. I used my collegue's account-amaglio- (unintentionally) to say thatSmiley Wink.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,882 Views)