Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2600 check clamp current

Hello,

I use the 2602A from Keithley.

Driver Revision 2.5.0
Current Revision Date July-2012.

How can i check if the current clamps to the limit?

Kind Regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,279 Views)

Hi Bernard,

see this Keithley AppNote. It says:

Both the current and voltage source are programmable with readback to maximize device measurement integrity. If the readback reaches a programmed compliance limit, then the source is clamped at the limit, providing fault protection.

So you need to program the compliance limt and compare actual reading with compliance limit…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,264 Views)

Hello GerdW,

I know that i can read back the values and compare them with the settings. Also the current clamp (range) can be set with a certain factor (10% , 90%) of the limits of DUT.

But I'm corious when the clamp occurs if there is a command that gives the clamp status? 

Kind Regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,252 Views)

Hi Bernard,

why do we need to read your device's manual? Why can'T you do this on your own?

Nevertheless you should read page 2-23!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,247 Views)

Hello GerdW,

This forum is to request some idea's from other people.

The manual doesn't say if it is availble in the labview driver.

There is information in the manual on page 19-132  smu.source.compliance (this gives feedback form the compliance).

But my question is if it "is available in the labview (driver of this instrument)" otherwise I've to set it up myself (VISA)?

Has somebody used it?

Kind regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,235 Views)

I do not have the Keithley driver, but these driver usually only have a General Error VI that call the *STB function.

I have never seen any driver from any manufacture that I have downloaded provide that function other than report that some error had occurred.

Appendix E of the Keithley manual covers everything needed to use the *ESE *ESR and *STB Commands. So you only need to read Appendix E

Also the Keithley driver are just VISA functions calls.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,230 Views)

Hi Bernard,

This forum is to request some idea's from other people.

Yes. And I gave you the idea to use that command suggested in your manual!

But my question is if it "is available in the labview (driver of this instrument)" otherwise I've to set it up myself (VISA)?

Your driver is just a bunch of VIs using VISA to communicate with your device.

What's the problem to use all those VIs as an example to create your own VI that sends that special one command to your device and parses the answer?

The point is: when you have problems with device communications you need to read the manual and use the commands described in there!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,216 Views)