LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2410 Over Current Protection

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to stop the voltage sweep(either abort or staying at constant voltage) if current reaches certain threshold. Device manually it works,however remote control with lab view drivers does not work as intended and voltage keeps rising while the current is set to compliance current value of the configure output vi, anyone has any idea what is wrong with the setup?

Using the drivers from the link below:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=25B255F3AA83660EE0440003BA7CCD...

Thanks & Regards ,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,225 Views)

Hi sez,

what's wrong with keeping the current at the compliance level? Don't you want to protect your DUT?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,194 Views)

Hello sez,

Have you tried the examples that come with the driver? I assume you downloaded the LabVIEW driver and installed in your instr.lib folder.

Try going to Help > Find Examples... > Hardware Input and Output > Instrument Drivers > LabVIEW Plug and Play > Keithley 24XX... .vi

I'd suggest you running these, to check that the driver is controlling the instrument correctly. Once we know it does, we can perhaps take a look at your code and suggest why it might not be working as expected.

Let us know your results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,181 Views)

Yes I am trying to protect the DUT so stopping voltage rise during the sweeping is critical if I hit the threshold current. I tried the example VIs,communication and device control works fine. Checked the device user manual and still could not find the feature to stop voltage sweeping configuration if I hit compliance level current I specify configure output.vi .

Using Keithley 24XX Sweep and Acquire Measurements.vi under Keithley 24XX.lvproj 

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks & Regards ,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sez

You need to set the compliance abort condition for the sweep.  By default it is set to NEVER and your sweep continues for the remaining points even though the output current is at compliance (your device is protected!)  The SCPI command to set abort during a sweep is..

:SOURCE:SWEEP:CABORT (NEVER,EARLY or LATE).

You want to use ":SOUR:SWE:CAB EARL;" to stop ASAP.

NEVer = hold at compliance for remaining sweep steps.
EARLy = stop sweep at the start of SDM cycle
LATE = stop at the end of SDM cycle.

If you are not using the K24xx sweep option,  but just setting a single output voltage, then you could also use the compliance trip querry.

:SENSE:CURRENT:PROTECTION:TRIPPED?
This would return a yes(1) or no(0) when addressed to talk.

Attached are my own VIs for setting and checking these states.  I created these years ago since they weren't in the K24xx driver.  They might be now, I haven't gone back to inspect.

Message 5 of 6
(3,167 Views)

Oops, I replaced the ErrorQuery in that Cabort VI with another VI somehow.  Fixed in this version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,161 Views)