LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep default data directory the same with deployed application

Hello,

In labview, I have the program read and write csv files at a default data directory that I set up in tools/options/Paths. When I deploy an application, it does not seem to know where that path is, since I can not find any csv files generated. How do I make sure they use the same default data directory. Please see captured picture for detail.

Thanks

FLiu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,674 Views)

@FLiu wrote:

Hello,

In labview, I have the program read and write csv files at a default data directory that I set up in tools/options/Paths. When I deploy an application, it does not seem to know where that path is, since I can not find any csv files generated. How do I make sure they use the same default data directory. Please see captured picture for detail.

Thanks

FLiu

I think it is not a good idea to change the default data directory. I just keep it default, so I know where my files can be found on any PC, and also know it is going to be the same directory using other applications programmed with the "Default Data Directory" function. If you want to save your file elsewhere, program it explicitely! The Default Data Directory should always give the usual path:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\LabVIEW Data (it is a hidden directory by default).

Anyway, if you really need to change it, you can check the ini file next to your EXE, and set the following line in it:

"DefaultDataFileLocation= ... "

Edit: info from here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Custom-default-data-directory-path-reverts-to-Labview-default/m-p/36...

Edit2: so open the "Application.ini" next to your built EXE, and add the following line (i show my case, alter it as you need):

DefaultDataFileLocation=C:\Users\Andras\Documents\testfolder
Message 2 of 3
(3,642 Views)

I wonder if this is something that will be rectified in the future to where the .ini file is programmed with the same paths and configurations as are included in the project?  

I would appreciate a response from any NI reps, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,285 Views)