From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping Mouse in LabVIEW with Laptop

I know this is an old post but I have to say, changing windows font size to 100% fixed my issue! I had this problem for a long time (ended up installing virtual machine to run LabVIEW) but this is fixed now! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(289 Views)

Instead of having to reduce scaling directly into windows which can lead to really small icons or some poor user experience when not using LabVIEW, I would suggest trying to disable high scaling DPI with labview...
This fix has been tested using windows 10 and 8, i don't remember having to use it with windows 7...

To do so, just right click on the application, then go into "troubleshoot compatibility"

In there, select the troubleshoot program, then "the program doesn't display properly"

Next step is opting "Program does not display correctly when large scale font are selected"

You'll be able to test the program (it is required to at least try it once, so prior to this fix close LabVIEW then open it using the test the program button)

You should get a program scaling correctly now, and if that is directly related to the mouse jumping issue, it should fix it aswell (unless having a different scaling not proposed by windows out of the box is the issue)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(271 Views)