LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JKISoft.com asking for account information?

Hi,

recently I get a dialog asking for a www.JKISoft.com account (user/password), probably due to some proxy problems with my computer in our company network. (I will attach a screenshot the next time I get this dialog again.)

Despite those proxy problems:

- Why is there a JKISoft account with my LabVIEW installation? Is it related to VIPM?

- Which account information is used here by default? (With proper network access we never see this dialog…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,011 Views)

Here's the screenshot:

check.png

Sorry, in German: "The server requests for user name and password"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,988 Views)

Gerd,

when does that dialog popup? During launch of LV?

VIPM could be a good guess in case you use LV 2014 or newer. Possibly, it could also be connected to JKI addons you have installed like the JKI statemachine....

In short: I've never seen this dialog.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,973 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I see this dialog once in a while, in no relation to using LabVIEW. The dialog even pops up when LabVIEW isn't running…

In short: I've never seen this dialog.

Me too - as long as my laptop had no proxy access problems.

I know (or: I have strong believe in) the proxy access problems are causing this dialog. I'm just curious what credentials this dialog is using per default!

No, no other JKI addons, just VIPM coming with LabVIEW2014…

To add to my former message: This dialog box uses rather bad German with some grammar errors 😞

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,968 Views)

Gerd,

i recommend you to check if change in configuration of VIPM helps. Please configure VIPM to use a proper proxy.

I haven't found any process or service on my machine which could create/explain such a dialog. However, i think it could be helpful if you look for network connections in case the dialog pops up (netstat). Maybe you can identify a process/service responsible for this....

Norbert

EDIT: You aren't a "Benutzerer"? 😛

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,948 Views)

I have used VIPM for many years and I have never seen this dubious message.

Currently, I'm using the latest versions of LV (15 SP1) and VIPM (2016.0.0 build 1986).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,940 Views)

Hi Norbert,

You aren't a "Benutzerer"?

"auf _ _ fordert" isn't any better…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,926 Views)

Hey GerdW,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am curious if you ever found a way to stop this dialog box from appearing

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,465 Views)

Hi SSPTest,

no, I don't have a solution for you.

In my case the problem has gone when I had to exchange my notebook at work to a "newer" model (aka "better compatibility with company IT requirements"). Since then the notebook had no more any proxy access issues and so I don't get that JKI request anymore…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,439 Views)

Just guessing, might be the VIPM update checker. Did you try disabling automatic update checks?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,435 Views)