LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item cannot be loaded in project (LV8.5)

I am using LV8.5 to open a old project.  the project has a few auto populating folders that are supposed to link to location in the harddrive.  When the project loads, it would say "the item named xxx cannot be loaded in the project.  the item will be deleted from the project".  You can either continue or cancel at this point.  When the check the harddrive, the item is clearly there.  Howcome, the item can't be loaded?  Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,038 Views)

jyang72211,
It sounds like there is an issue with your Auto-Populating folder not pointing to the proper location on your disk. This can occur when moving project's between computers (even if the path is the same).

I recommend that you remove the old Auto-Populating folder, and re-add it to your project. You can do so using the following steps:

1. Open the project.
  2. When prompted with the dialog you are seeing, choose Continue.
  3. Remove the auto-populating folder that is causing the dialogs (if still present) from the project.
  4. Add a new auto-populating folder to the project. This should point to the directory that it was having trouble loading before.
  5. Save and close the project.
  6. Close LabVIEW.
  7. Open the project that we just modified. Is the deletion dialog still showing?
Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,012 Views)

Hi,

any updates on the problem? I'm facing the same problem in LV2019. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,894 Views)

Hi jack,

@jackhan1995 wrote:

any updates on the problem? I'm facing the same problem in LV2019. 

After 9 years the same procedure applies.

Have you tried that suggestion?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,891 Views)

Hi Gerd,

what is meant by "auto-populating" folder? In my case, when loading a project, there are quite a number of library that cannot be loaded. Is there any alternative for it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,884 Views)

Hi Jack,

@jackhan1995 wrote:

what is meant by "auto-populating" folder?

So your problem is not the same as the problem 9 years ago?

(Btw. read the LabVIEW help on projects…)

@jackhan1995 wrote:

In my case, when loading a project, there are quite a number of library that cannot be loaded. Is there any alternative for it?

"Alternative" to what?

When you project is missing items then you need to find them on your harddrive…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,877 Views)
Hi Gerd, for me, when opening a LV project, which was developed in a different PC, I received same messages ("Item ... cannot be loaded in the project"). According to the suggestion above, I have to remove the missing items and then re-add them to the project, correct? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,872 Views)

Hi Jack,

@jackhan1995 wrote:
According to the suggestion above, I have to remove the missing items and then re-add them to the project, correct?

This is one option to solve that problem.

@jackhan1995 wrote:
when opening a LV project, which was developed in a different PC…

Why don't you copy the whole project to your other computer?

(Don't you use any kind of SCC tools for this purpose? They are a great help when used correctly!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,869 Views)