From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with nested for loops - saving images from a camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've written a vi. to capture a specific number of images ('Image No') and save these images, outputted to a folder of my choice.  Each image is identified sequentially.  However, I wish to do a number of iterations ('Run') of this capture sequence, such that the filename of each image would be 'Filename (Run)_(Image No).png', e.g. run 5, image 10 would be 'Filename 5_10.png'.  I have tried a nested for loop for this but I receive an error 'Asynchronous I/O operation in progress' (I've attached a printscreen).

Can anyone assist me in solving this problem? I preiously posted this in machine Vision but got no response (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Capturing-image-sequences-issues-with-nested-for-loops/m-p/19...).  Please find attached my vi.

Kindest regards and thanks,

Miika

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,994 Views)

Miika,

the problem is not the filenam, but the name of the folder (AHHHHH!). You try to create the same folder in the outer for loop over and over again.... (it is the error message above the '======', not below 🙂 )

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CP Miika

Dear Norbert_B,

Thank you for your reply.  I solved the problem by using a flat sequence structure - folder in first frame and all subsequent processing in the second! Easy as pi! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,968 Views)