LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Vector VN1611 and Vector XL Driver Wrapper

Hi,

I am trying to communicate with a customer's product via LIN bus. I am using a Vector VN1611 USB device and have downloaded the Vector XL Driver Wrapper. I am not having success and I'm sure it's because I am unfamiliar with this interface.

I am trying to use the "Simulate LIN Network.vi" provided in the Wrapper library. I am not sure what values to use for the following:

- I'm trying to set my Master to be the VN1611, 19200 baud. I do not know what the Hardware Index and Hardware Channel values should be. It is not explained well in the library documentation.

- The ECU I am trying to communicate with has a node address of 0x7A. Where does this come into play at when defining the Slave?

Also, the note on the screen says "Make sure the bus index values set for responding slaves match a slave definition above." Which value, the hardware index or channel index?

I have seen this product communicate with my customer's hardware (a CANcase device and CANoe). I do not have any other software available since the least expensive  product from Vector is approx. $2300...not in the budget right now. I have successfully communicated with other LIN devices before using National's USB-8476. I do have one of those, which I originally bought for the project, but the customer prefers Vector hardware.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,487 Views)

So I found this example on the wrapper document page but I still cannot get it to work.

I keep receiving an XL driver error of 204: Invalid Channel Mask (error 6204 in that particular program). The actual channel mask is 02, which looks correct to me.

Very frustrating! I'll keep going, not too sure what else to try though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,473 Views)

I hope you got this sorted by now seeing it was over a year ago already.

I thought I'd add an answer in case anyone comes looking at this question.

The VN1611 is a fixed channel device with 1x LIN and 1xCAN channel.

The LIN is mask 1 and the CAN is mask 2.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,760 Views)

Please help by providing code for decoding the error 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,558 Views)

I am no longer working with this device, this is from 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,544 Views)

Hi Kdbrose,

This post is a little old, so I would recommend making a new forum post to get more visibility, and just link to this one for reference.

Regards,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,538 Views)