LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Tasks on PXI real-time

I am trying to set up a new acquisition system using a PXI-1031 Chassis, a PXI-8108 controller with RTOS, and a PXI-6281 M-series card that I am attempting to connect to a SCXI-1001 Chassis to multiplex 2 SCXI-1102 modules for RTD's and 6 SCXI-1125 modules for voltage readings.  My problem is this: After I have setup a real-time project and started to work on the real-time application for the PXI and either use the DAQ Assistant to set up tasks directly in the project assigned to the PXI or use the DAQ Assistant launched from the VI assigned to the Real-Time controller I get the following error in either case.  After I've set up the task it seems to work and then I'll open it back up to check the settings or to make a chance and it will hang up with the following message "Labview: An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node.  This might have corrupted LavVIEW's memory.  Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.  VI "AdvancedTiming.vi:1" was stopped at node " " at a call to "DAQmxAssistant_DAQmx Get IO Control Info.vi"

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Labview 2009 32 bit.  (The reason not everything is 64 bit is because a sales rep had warned our IT department that not all of the modules and addons to Labview I would be using are updated to 64 bit and that their might be some strange interaction with the 32 bit modules from 64 bit LabVIEW)

Is it a bad dll call in LabVIEW from a corrupted install?  I've searched both ni.com and the internet in general and can't find any other reference to this happening in this version of LabVIEW any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,941 Views)

Hello,

Do you get this error when you are deploying the code to the RT target or are you just modifying the code that the RT target is going to run?  Can you get this error to happen with other pieces of code or just this VI? 

Also when you say "Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.  VI "AdvancedTiming.vi:1" was stopped at node " " at a call to "DAQmxAssistant_DAQmx Get IO Control Info.vi"" Does this mean that you are getting this message when you are restarting LabVIEW?  If so you probably are generating error logs which could be useful to R&D.

And your sales rep was correct.  LabVIEW 32 bit is the only version that currently supports the RT module.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,901 Views)

Thanks for replying.  I actually get this error prior to deploying the code to the RT tartget while I am setting up the tasks associated with the multiplexing either by right clicking on the RT target in the project window or by using the DAQ Assistant while on the code to be eventually deployed to the RT target.  It doesn't always display this error at first but after closing the DAQ Assistant and opening it back up it will either crash immediately with that error or will crash when changing the sampling to 1 Sample on Demand. Once its crashed it locks up completely and I have to kill the process in Windows Task Manager in order to get LabVIEW running again.

I did manage to find away around the issue by setting up the tasks in the Measurement and Automation Explorer.  This doesn't generate the same error even though it still appears to be using the DAQ Assistant.  I do have some crash logs from when starting LabVIEW back up that I could gladly send if they would be of any use.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,895 Views)

I have not been able to find a Bug report on this issue nor have I been able to reproduce your setup yet. I will hopefully be able to try this in the next couple of days.  In the mean time you could try installing the latest DAQmx driver to see if that fixes the issue.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,875 Views)

Hello

I'm getting the same error when setting up a DAQ Assistant for just one simple analog input.

I also have Windows 7 with Labview 2010.

Thanks

JCollado
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,770 Views)

Hi JC,

Just to make sure I understand, are you getting the exact same error regarding the external code being called from a Call Library Function Node?  Are you calling and DLLs in your code?

Also, what version of the NI-DAQmx driver do you have installed?

Thanks,

- Greg J

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,750 Views)

I started getting this error after upgrading to Labview 2010.

It happens shortly after setting up the channels for analog inputs after which everything freezes. I get it with lower level DAQMX and with a simple DAQ Assistant.

I'm currently downloading the latest DAQmx to see if that fix the problem.

Attached is the error image

Thanks

JCollado
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,744 Views)

Ok

After downloading the latest DAQmx everything is working fine. The version that came with my 2010 upgrade was 9.1.5

Thanks

Hope this helps

JCollado
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,737 Views)