LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing NI-VISA on an offline computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I already have LabVIEW 2018 SP1 installed, and I also have NI MAX installed and I need NI-VISA to be installed. However, when I try to run the installer for NI-VISA, I get the error code exazb9.

The error code has a page on ni.com about using Batch Installer Builder to resolve this issue, but I am not sure if that is the correct approach or what output directory I should choose in that case. 

I am also wondering if NI Package Manager would be useful in this case?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kls20

Did you download the offline installer or the standard installer?  At the download page there is a link below the "Download" button that you need to use to get the offline installers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,380 Views)

I tried installing the offline version from the webpage for NI-VISA, this is the link https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-visa.html#329456.

I think NI Package Manager was able to install it.

I am a little bit confused, however, because I can search my computer for NI MAX and I am able to find it and open it as an app, but I cannot find NI VISA in the same way and I am only able to locate a folder in documents with the same name that appears to contain help files.

Is it possible that I have downloaded and installed the wrong version? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,358 Views)

Never mind, I found it by including the dash. so NI-VISA worked.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,339 Views)