LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there support for the Statechart Module 1.0.1 for MacOS X?

I need to use the Statechart Toolkit but I can't seem to find if there is support for it on the MacOS platform. Can someone tell me a definitive yes or no on this???

Just as a sidebar: it's very disconcerting to see the lack of support for MacOS. Yes, I know Windoze is ubiquitous, but there are some of us who use a Mac in our daily work and this "half-support" is getting to be problematic. Either FULLY support the platform or don't! Sorry...rant over.

Thanks for your assistance!

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,665 Views)
I am sorry to say that the statechart module is not supported on the Mac, see here
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,662 Views)
*sigh* I was afraid of that. MORE FRUSTRATION!!!

Let me ask this: can I still do "state-machine-like" activities in LabVIEW without this module? That is to say, is the toolkit simply an easier way to do something that already possible in LabVIEW 8.5.1?

Thanks a lot,

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,649 Views)
Yes.  There is a state machine template under File>>New>>VI>>From Template>>Frameworks>>Standard State Machine.  The path is probably different for the Mac, but you should be able to find the Standard State Machine template.vi .  Of course there are differences between the two, but if you just need a state machine for your task you should have no troubles with creating it via the template.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,645 Views)
The predecessor to the Statechart Module was the State Diagram Toolkit. Its not as powerful as the Statechart Module, but it appears that it is(or wasSmiley Sad) available for the Mac and PC. You might contact your sales rep and ask if the State Diagram Toolkit is available for Mac users...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,644 Views)
Michael,

Yes, you can certainly use state machines in LV on the Mac without the State Chart Module. I have built many such programs, some dating from long before the State Chart Module existed. There are several state machine templates which come with LV. Look at File >> New.. >> VI >> From Template >> Frameworks >> Design Patterns.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,639 Views)
Hello Michael,
If there is a feature that you would like (in any of our products), I encourage you to file a product suggestion.  These suggestions go directly to R&D so that we can address customer requests.

You can click on this link to file a suggestion, and this can also be found by selecting the Contact NI link at the top of ni.com and then selecting Feedback.

Best Regards,
Angela M
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,597 Views)
Thank you very much. I've submitting my suggestion 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,588 Views)