From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Example Finder in LabVIEW NXG

It may be a stupid question, but is there an Example Finder in LabVIEW NXG like there is one in LabVIEW?

If there is one... where?

If there isnt one... is there another way to add a Vi to the Examples? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,132 Views)

Hey kueng01,

The examples are integrated into the NXG IDE. Open NXG or Go to the Home Icon -> Learning -> Examples. You can also use the search box for a specific word, which also searches the examples.

Examples.png

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,055 Views)

Thanks for the answer but i wonted to know if there is an example finder in nxg where i can add my own examples like in the normal labview versions?

9381_1.png

(Picture: Example Finder in LabVIEW 2013)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,030 Views)

Hi kueng01,

Thanks for reaching out. I am a product owner within the LabVIEW NXG team and my team supports the workflows for sharing of code. Sharing of examples is definitely something on our radar and we are actively looking into how to provide that functionality to customers. Would you have some time to chat so I can better understand your use case to ensure that the solutions we are looking at will meet your needs?

Thanks,

Sumedha

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,989 Views)

Hello Sumedha,

I have the same question as kueng01,

I'm going through LabVIEW Core I using LabVIEW NGX 5.1.0, and in one of the lessons it talks about going into the help  menu and taking advantage of the "find an example". Is the functionality still not available?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,932 Views)

@Osathoud wrote:

I'm going through LabVIEW Core I using LabVIEW NGX 5.1.0, and in one of the lessons it talks about going into the help  menu and taking advantage of the "find an example". Is the functionality still not available?

Since LabVIEW NXG is no longer maintained, I recommend to use regular LabVIEW instead.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,918 Views)

Do the LabVIEW Core courses even cover NXG?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,906 Views)