LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to determine the equivalent ANSI C code from a Labview project?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a complete beginner to Labview.  I have this fairly complex Labview project that was used to create a DLL which matlab could call to control my PCI-6534 card without having to know the NIDAQmx calls.

I'm in the process of figuring out how to make those NIDAQmx calls directly from Matlab but I'm not getting the same results as when I call this DLL mentioned above so I thought I'd try to make sense of the Labview project VIs.  I'm starting to make sense of the overall scheme of the VIs, but I'd like to be able to run the project, step through it, and perhaps see the NIDAQmx commands (or something equivalent so I can determine how to call the NIDAQmx commands within Matlab).

Is this possible to do?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonW

Yes. The toolbar allows you to turn on highlighting so you can run the VI and see the contents of wires. You can put probes on wires. You can single-step through code. All of this is explained in the LabVIEW Help under Fundamantals -> Running and DEbugging VIs -> Concepts -> Debugging Techniques.

In regards to the implied question in the title of your post, no you cannot directly convert LabVIEW code to C in the development environment. Yes, there are tools to convert LabVIEW to C, but that's intended for microprocessors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,934 Views)

Excellent...Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,926 Views)