From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a default location where MAX stores task configurations

We had a computer go do down and take the mother board. No setting up the new computer with a NI DAQ card, I'm forced to redefine the NI-MAX tasks that were lost. Docummentation of machine does not specify the specific DAQ channel settings.

I do have access to the old file system on the hard drive and if I can find some core file that defines each task, i would be able to load it up to the new system.

Old system is LabVIEW 2014, new system is LabVIEW 2016.

Question is, does NI-MAX store created tasks somewhere in the file system? If so, where??

I'm aware of this post: Forum Thread. However, this was a no-go.  I wasn't able to find anything that seems useful as a ".daq" file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,246 Views)

It's not a plaintext file.  It's an assortment of files in C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Data

See this knowledge base article, except instead of copying a backup version of the files to recover working versions, copy them from the old PC to a PC with the same OS and version of MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,233 Views)